We are a local and board owned company and we love our families!
The Canton Cemetery Association in Canton, OH, is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation established in 1859. We serve all individuals regardless of race, creed or religion in a non-sectarian manner. Our goal is to be the premier service provider of burial services for northeastern Ohio. It is our desire to provide programs of affordability which will enable everyone to pre-arrange a disposition of their choosing.
For us, this means more than helping people to know what their options are. It means equipping them with the knowledge and motivation to protect their families from the ever-increasing cost. We do this by constantly striving to deliver products that are value-priced.
In addition, we provide grounds and buildings for final disposition that are pristine, tranquil and well care for perpetually. In this way, we hope people will have awareness and appreciation for our services.
Our Mission Statement states ‘The Canton Cemetery Association is built on the fundamental ideals of service to our employees, customers and community.’
These ideals serve as the cornerstone for all who have the belief in the spirit of ‘providing service with integrity and dignity.’
The Canton Cemetery Association has long served Stark County and the surrounding communities since 1859. West Lawn Cemetery was started to serve the needs of the Canton, Ohio residents offering compassionate, dedicated and dignified service to families both before and after the loss of a loved one for more than 150 years.
As West Lawn grew, we obtained a working farm on Cleveland Avenue and North Lawn began to serve the Canton community even better.
We are a long-standing member of the Better Business Bureau since 1985 and we maintain the BBB’s highest rating; A+.
To this day, we operate under the charter of the Canton Cemetery Association and the board members are members of the community.
Families have witnessed the expansion of our scope of services being offered through the years. In an ongoing effort to provide the finest in memorial products and services, we have expanded our services to include all types of final disposition including traditional burial, mausoleum entombment, various cremation programs and our lawn crypt section called Emerald Meadows and the new green burial section, Emerald Meadows.
Due to the current high demand for cremation programs, we have installed 320 additional low-cost cremation niches in the main chapel.
Our deep and unwavering support of veterans is evident by having honored the final disposition of veterans from every conflict dating back to those who had served in the Revolutionary War of 1776. We have sections specifically dedicated to veterans and their families. Two specific sections honor fallen soldiers of the Civil War, with spectacular bronze statues of Union Soldiers standing guard over their fallen comrades. Sadly, North Lawn has laid to rest two fallen soldiers from the conflict in Iraq.
The McKinley Museum and final resting place of assassinated President William McKinley is adjacent to West Lawn Cemetery. Annually, the McKinley Historical Society conducts a fall tour of the grounds. This walking tour highlights the numerous dignitaries, industrialists, politicians and philanthropists of Canton’s ‘Golden Era’. The prevalent names throughout the beauty of West Lawn are the likes of Timken, Diebold, Hoover and McKinley.